Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's for supper tonight? Do you get tired of hearing this...here's an easy fix...












Sometimes my husband doesn't have to say a single word to me, and I already know what he's thinking. What's for supper? Well, sometimes I feel like cooking more than others. It hits me in spurts. I'm sure some of you can agree with me on that one, especially if you work full time/have kids/have a house to keep up.

Last week, I was really feeling burnt out on what to cook. Since we were running a little low on groceries, I decided what I wanted to fix. It's something my husband and 6-year old son love. So, I went to the pantry, and , well, I didn't have all the ingredients I needed. So, I had to come up with plan B. I had some cube steaks defrosted. The week before I bought some Jimmy Dean Sausage Gravy mix (the ones in the packets). So, I fried up the cube steaks in my beautiful black iron skillet, popped some of those Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits in the oven, and whipped up the sausage gravy(2 packets). I have to say, it was absolutely delicious!! It doesn't sound like much, but it's very filling!!

My husband and son were in the woods deer hunting, and I was expecting them home any minute. An hour after the supper was finished, they arrived home. I couldn't wait on them, so I went ahead and ate by myself:( They had to heat it up, but they both enjoyed it too. So, this week I made it again! I think it's going to be my new favorite thing to cook!! I took pictures this week so ya'll could see what it looked like...LOL. Try it and enjoy!!





Have a good week!!

No comments: